Mottola ´in hot water´ after ´

Mcfanatic

Mottola ´in hot water´ after ´

Here is a very intresting article about tommy "the asshole" Mottola: Mottola ´in hot water´ after Carey´s sabotage Mottola ´in hot water´ after Carey´s sabotage 7:58PM 04/25/2002 Mariah Carey fans of the world rejoice: Tommy Mottola´s luck may have just run out. The wealthy chairman and CEO of America´s Sony Music Entertainment Group, is in hot water with the company´s Japanese counterparts, who have caught wind of the serious allegations regarding his treatment of former label mega-star, Mariah Carey. Mottola reportedly attempted to sabotage Carey´s Glitter album in order to boost the career of rival songbird Jennifer Lopez. A confession made by record executive Irv Gotti in the current edition of XXL magazine, has pushed Mottola into potentially hazardous territory with the company. Gotti admitted that Mottola, Carey´s ex-husband, instructed him to make a record for Jennifer Lopez that sounded exactly like one Gotti´s company had made with Carey for her movie, Glitter. According to sources who worked on the movie, Mottola was also secretly viewing footage of Glitter while his ex-wife was shooting it, giving him the upper-hand -- and subsequently, the ability to use Carey´s creative concepts against her. Sony´s Japanese executives are apparently less than impressed with Mottola´s antics, and are furious over the loss of one of their highest selling international artists. Carey´s Japanese fan base is nothing less than phenomenal. When music mogul Molly Meldrum visited Tokyo, he declared that "Mariah Mania" had taken over. "Her music is everywhere and she´s also promoting a line of lipstick for a local cosmetics company," he said. The sassy songstress recently featured alongside Japanese comedian Sanma Akasiya to promote a line of products for Nescafe. Prior to being released from her contract last year, Carey had maintained an amicable relationship with Sony Music´s Japanese branch. Although elsewhere the singer´s Glitter album was released by a then-confident Virgin Music, Sony Japan fought for the rights of its release. The soundtrack failed to sell well internationally, but became an instant hit in Japan, debuting at #1. Carey was thrilled with the news of the project´s success -- regardless of how geographically limited it was. "I can´t even express how much this means to me as an artist and as an individual especially at this moment in my life" she said. "I can´t thank you enough and I look forward to seeing you all in Japan. Aishitemasu!". Source:MariahWorld

למעלה